Cultural Agility Leadership Lab (CALL)
The Cultural Agility Leadership Lab (CALL) combines the deep cross-cultural understanding and flexibility of the Peace Corps with the professional expertise of international corporate firms. CALL provides NGOs in developing countries with a team — made up of skilled pro bono advisors and Returned Peace Corps Volunteer cultural coaches — that delivers specific, project-based expertise.
These talented corporate volunteers come from around the U.S. to meet the needs of development NGOs in the following areas:
- Business and strategic planning
- Financial management
- Marketing and communications
- Information technology
- Supply chain management
In exchange for these skills and technical knowledge, participating NGOs provide the corporate volunteers with a look into the local culture. Through this experience volunteers gain a grassroots perspective of major social and environmental issues, as well as cultural agility (tolerance for ambiguity, cultural humility, perspective taking) in the local work environment and language. They develop the intercultural leadership skills that are crucial for organizations in today’s global economy.
With our extensive international experience and commitment to service, the National Peace Corps Association (NPCA) will:
- Identify NGO partners in selected countries around the world
- Ensure the NGO is prepared in terms of technical activities and logistics to receive a consultant or consultant team
- Manage the preparation of the consultant or consultant team for the assignment abroad
Click here to learn more about this unique opportunity: www.callvolunteers.com
CASE STUDY: INDONESIA
A local NGO, focused on improving education for underprivileged students, collected information from 100,000 primary students to analyze patterns so that they could maximize the effectiveness of the program and make the best use of their resources.
Challenge: A lack of local expertise in thorough data analytics.
Solution: A team of skilled volunteers is matched to address critical business areas:
- Database design and development
- Data migration and development
- Data migration and consolidation
- Data analysis
- Organizational capacity building: strategic and financial planning, IT and HR
They are coached locally by Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs).